The Provincial Grand Almoner WBro. Paul M Holt took up this office at the Provincial Meeting on May 24th 2023 and his contact details are: –
Paul M Holt
Mobile: 07739 349 274
Home: 0161 343 3609
Email Paul Holt
Paul’s role is briefly as follows:
- Supporting, assisting, training and advising Lodge Almoners.
- Encouraging possible beneficiaries to make initial approaches if they are in need.
- Providing the opportunity for Brethren, dependents or anyone acting on their behalf to discuss their problems confidentially.
- Make applications to the Mark Benevolent Fund, on behalf of Mark Master Masons and/or their wives and dependents, who may have fallen on hard times or maybe experiencing short-term financial difficulties. If a grant is awarded to administer its disbursement.
- Be regularly in touch with all the widows, beneficiaries, aged or ill members.
- Assessing and arranging payments for urgent medical consultations from private practitioners in the event that the NHS cannot provide a timely appointment or if an urgent second opinion is required. This option is open to all members. The East Lancashire Mark Benevolent Fund provides the contingency fund.
- Promoting the work of the Mark Masonic Charities at Lodge or similar meetings throughout the Province
The Almoners page will be updated to include links to the latest MBF newsletters, Major Projects Grants, the Almoners Handbook, and other Documentation.